Do you want to create a website? Quiet. You don’t need to be good at coding. With the help of the best website builders, you can easily create your own website.
But, there are tons of website builders to choose from. Among the many choices, which is the best website builder for you?
In this article, we will recommend seven of the best web builders that you can try, namely:
Besides, we will also explain each feature and its price. Curious? Come on, watch it until it’s finished!
What is a Website Builder?
A website builder is a platform or program that can help you build a website. Not only that, but website builders can also make website publication easier.
In general, the way a website builder works is in three easy steps:
- Choose a website template;
- Edit the website as you wish;
- Publication of the website.
There are two types of website builders that you can use, namely Online and Offline. As the name implies, an online website builder must be accessed via the internet, while an offline website builder must be installed on your computer.
However, in this article, we will only discuss online website builders. Apart from being more popular, online website builders are the right choice if you want your website to appear on the internet immediately.
What To Look For When Choosing A Website Builder?
Okay, so what do you need to consider when choosing the best website builder? Below, we will explain one by one the factors you need to pay attention to. Let’s get started!
Ease of Use
The main purpose of using a website builder is to make your website as easy as possible. If you still have to spend a lot of time learning how to use it, then the website builder is not user friendly.
One of the features that website builders usually offer to make it easier to use is the drag-and-drop builder or website editor. Make sure the website builder you choose has this feature.
Besides that, you also need to pay attention to the interface. Avoid website builders that appear confusing, or make it difficult for you to use their tools.
Ease of Publication
Of course, you want your website to appear on the internet immediately, right? For that, make sure the website builder you choose offers web hosting and a domain. So that the website can be published immediately.
If you already have hosting and a domain name, check if you can connect the website you just created with the domain and hosting you bought on another platform.
Website Template Collection
One of the factors that make a website builder so attractive is the template. By using templates, you can create any website very easily. Starting from personal websites, corporate websites, to online shops.
So, you just have to choose a template that matches the type of website you want to create. Then edit according to your wishes.
Therefore, choose a website builder that offers a complete collection of website templates. So you won’t run out of options to choose from. Don’t forget to pay attention to the quality of the templates too.
Every website builder has its own excellent features. Some offer complete editing options, mobile-friendly designs, or various additional tools that can make website creation easier.
Then, what is the best feature that a website builder can offer?
Everything comes back to your needs when creating a website. Whatever features are offered, make sure you really need them. Don’t be tempted by features you won’t use.
Imagine if you had a problem during the website creation process, of course, you would look for customer support contacts to find a solution, right?
This is why a good website builder will offer complete customer support access, such as 24/7 live chat, email, and also phone support.
Of course, what is more, important is the friendliness and reliability of the customer support team. Check various reviews on the internet to find out whether the customer support from the website builder you choose provides optimal service.
The price is affordable
Judgments about prices are relative. This depends on the scale of your business. If you are a beginner, you will be looking for a website builder that offers cheap, or even free, services.
Conversely, if you are creating a website for a large-scale business, of course, you want to look for a website builder that offers a package with super complete features.
In essence, whatever the scale of your business, make sure the website builder you choose doesn’t only offer features that suit your needs. But the price offered must also be in accordance with the budget you specify.
7 Best Website Builders in 2021
Armed with the above insights, you can judge the most suitable website builder for you to use. Next, we will show you some popular website builders that can meet the criteria you need. Happy choosing!
Wix is a very user-friendly website builder, especially for beginners.
You can enjoy the service for free. Yes, you can choose a template, edit your website, and publish it at no cost.
This website builder is also equipped with various interesting features such as a drag-and-drop builder, more than 500 website templates, and a mobile-friendly design. They also provide a support center page to answer various problems related to website creation.
However, the free service has some limitations. For example, you must use .wixsite in a website address, such as “www.namadomain.wixsite.com”. Also, there will be Wix advertisements on your website.
To avoid all of this, you can subscribe to the paid plans. Each paid package will increase the storage capacity on your website. In addition, you will also get additional features such as Site Booster and Visitors Analytics.
Wix Key Features
- Wix Editor – This feature can help you beautify your website. Enjoy a variety of interesting design tools such as unlimited fonts, scroll effects, and media galleries.
- Wix ADI – You can build a website in very little time. So, this feature will ask you a few questions, then create a website automatically based on the answers you provide.
- Corvid by Wix – Corvid is an open development platform that allows you to build web applications. This feature is perfect for web developers.
- Free hosting – Don’t worry about publishing your website. Because you can enjoy web hosting for free.
- Online Store Features – Wix also provides various interesting online shop features such as Wix Stores for building online stores. There are also Wix Bookings to help with the booking order process.
It’s free, but you can upgrade it. Package prices range from US $ 4.50 / month (Connect Domain plan) to US $ 24.50 / month (VIP plan)
Squarespace can help you build any website. You just have to choose the website template they provide, from blogs, CVs, online shops, to wedding websites.
Apart from that, Squarespace also provides unlimited bandwidth and storage, SSL security, free custom domains, and 24/7 customer support in all of its services.
You can try Squarespace features free for 14 days. After that, you have to subscribe to one of the packages. But if you don’t feel enough with the 14 days free trial, you can still request to increase the free trial period for 7 days.
Squarespace Key Features
- Blogging tools – This feature makes it easier for you to post content on a blog. Apart from that, you can also easily categorize your content and schedule its publication.
- Analytics – You can monitor the development of the number of visitors, content performance, to the list of top-selling products. All data is presented in graphs or tables.
- Email marketing tools – Create more attractive email marketing campaigns through various email layout features, easy email content editing, and analytics features to monitor the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- Social media tools – You can link your website with social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. So that your content can be more easily shared on social media.
- Mobile editing – Squarespace has an application that you can download on iOS or Android. So, you can manage your website from anywhere.
There is a free trial for 14 days, with an additional 7 days. After that, you’ll need to subscribe to packages that range in price from $ 12 / month (Personal plan) to $ 40 / month (Advanced Commerce plan). This price applies if you make an annual payment.
WordPress.org is one of the most popular platforms. The reason is quite simple: you can start blogging very easily here.
In addition, how to use the dashboard is also simple. So, you can create content easily.
To use it, you must have hosting and a domain first. Because usually hosting providers already provide WordPress.org installation in it.
In the context of a website builder, WordPress.org is a great alternative for beginners. If you want a platform that offers flexibility and customization, this is a great choice.
Do you know? WordPress also has another platform called WordPress.com. Want to know the difference with WordPress.org? We provide articles that discuss the differences between the two!
WordPress.org Featured Features
- Hundreds of themes – There are hundreds of free themes, and many more premium themes to make your website look more professional.
- Built-in social sharing – You can easily share content with your social media accounts.
- Mobile and desktop apps – WordPress provides an application that makes it easy for you to edit your content from anywhere.
It’s free, but you have to pay for hosting and domain. You can also pay for themes and plugins (optional).
Maybe you’ve heard of Weebly. Yes, this is one of the most popular website builders too, with over 40 million users.
Much like Wix, Weebly also offers a free package that can help you get your website up quickly. You can also manage content easily through the editor feature.
You can add and edit various elements in the Weebly editor feature. Starting from text and photos to video backgrounds and custom headers.
Apart from that, Weebly also offers free hosting so you can easily publish your website.
Weebly’s Key Features
- Powerful editor – The editor features are very comprehensive. There are many elements that you can include in the content.
- ECommerce Features – You can easily create an online store through various additional features. Starting from shopping carts and checkout pages to inventory tracking.
- Responsive design – There are many free templates that you can use. What’s more, all of the templates have been optimized for mobile devices.
It’s free, but you can upgrade it. Package prices range from $ 5 / month (Connect plan) to $ 25 / month (Business plan)
Webnode is a website builder with quite complete features.
With the website editor feature, you can build a website in a relatively short time. Not to mention supported by a collection of templates with a fairly wide variant of themes (portfolio, blog, eCommerce, etc.)
You can also enjoy specific features that can help you create a blog, online shop, or corporate website. Starting from the store management features, shipping, to editing the blog layout.
If you are interested in using Webnode, you can use it for free. As with Wix and Weebly, you cannot use a custom domain unless you subscribe to a paid plan.
Webnode Featured Features
- The business website features – You can use various features such as SEO tools, a membership registration, and form builder.
- Online shop features – You can build an online shop with support for shipping and payment features, as well as discount features. Apart from that, you can also monitor store performance through the store’s analytics feature.
- Blog features – Enjoy various additional features for publishing blog content, such as the schedule publishing feature and social plugins.
It’s free, but you can upgrade it. Package prices range from $ 3.95 / month (Limited plan) to $ 19.95 / month (Profi plan)
Shopify is the best website builder for creating an online store. If you want to sell products through your website, then this is the right choice.
You can find almost all the features you need to create and manage an online store on Shopify. Starting from building brands, marketing, receiving payments, to making deliveries.
Not only that, but you can also enjoy several free tools, such as a business name generator tool and a logo generator tool.
To be able to use Shopify, you must subscribe to one of the paid packages. But, you can try it for free for 14 days.
Shopify’s Top Features
- Intuitive dashboard – You can manage orders, shipping, and payments in one dashboard.
- Complete features for building an online store – You can search for products through Oberlo, search for various store themes, and sell products anywhere with Shopify point-of-sale (POS) hardware.
- Free branding tool – You can use a business name generator and logo maker to build a brand.
There is a free trial for 14 days. After that, you’ll need to subscribe to plans that range in price from $ 29 / month (Basic Shopify) to $ 299 / month (Advanced Shopify). This price applies if you make an annual payment.
As the name implies, BigCommerce is a website builder that focuses on creating eCommerce websites.
This website builder is open-platform. So, you can count on flexibility when using BigCommerce. However, this makes it more suitable for users familiar with website development, and less suitable for beginners.
However, you will also find interesting features in it. Such as features that support sales between channels ( cross channel ) and B2B.
You can try using BigCommerce for free for 15 days. After that, you have to subscribe to one of the paid packages.
BigCommerce Key Features
- Open platform – you can grow your online shop flexibly. This feature is very useful if you are a web developer.
- Full eCommerce features – You can enjoy various eCommerce features. Starting from managing the product catalog, shipping, to the analytics dashboard.
- Local shop optimization – With this feature, you can use any currency in your shop, including Rupiah. The language can also be adjusted according to the location of your shop.
There is a free trial for 15 days. After that, you’ll need to subscribe to a plan whose prices range from $ 29.95 / month (Standard plan) to $ 269.96 / month (Pro plan). This price applies if you make an annual payment.
Which is the Best Website Builder of Your Choice?
A website builder is a platform that can help you build a website in an easy and concise manner. The content can also be adjusted according to the needs of your website. So, you can get a website with a professional appearance.
In this article, we have shown you the seven best website builders that you can try in 2021. Let’s see the summary in the table below!