When you want to crack a password, you need to get the identity of the hash so that you can hack the password. So this article will surely help you to how to identify a hash.
The tool I will use here is hash-identifier, which is a kali Linux tool.
Tools You need :
- Kali Linux Operating System
Some password hash type
I have some hashes so that I will test it.
- MD5 : 955e2b9faf4f9e18c7aba4a0164f5c89
- SH1 – cb4e3cf7ab5cc51e078d022873cdc2489759b4b5
- tiger128, 3 – eeb6efd68ce05a36bf499a4c74663fb2
IF you want to generate the hash, you can use this website: http://www.sha1-online.com/.
Identifying hash type :
Firstly, log in to Kali Linux, then open your terminal.
- Enter Command: hash-identifier
- It will ask for you to enter hash to identify it.
- Now I will choose any one of the soups which I have already created.
- Paste the 1st hash.
It is showing that the hash is 1.md5 type and 2nd is md4 type,
So that it identified hash.
I am testing the second one.
- Paste hash; you will get the hash type.
It is showing that the hash is 1. SHA1 type and 2nd is MySQL type.
- Paste the third hash; you will get the hash type.
It is showing that the hash is 1 MD5 type, and two is MD4
which are not the correct hash type, but it has given more hash, which may be any one of them.
IF you got help with this article, then share this post.